Atlas Courier is proud to continue providing an essential service to Canadians as everyone does their part to stop the spread of the virus. Our top priority from the start has been to ensure we are doing everything possible to keep our people, our customers and the communities we serve, safe. We started by implementing significant changes right across our operations following the guidance of national and local public health authorities. We continue to work with WorkSafe to follow guidelines and ensure that all our operations meet safety guidelines, regulations and recommendations.
In the last few weeks, we have seen an increase in volumes as Canadians are staying home and shopping more online. We also are seeing an increase in customers requesting contactless delivery and mask wearing on their property. We are working hard to respond to this demand in a responsible manner. As such, we are requiring that our employees, delivery partners, and any visitors to our facilities to comply with the following guidelines:
- It is now REQUIRED by Public Health Order that masks will be worn in every indoor public space, and that a mask be worn when interacting with customers outside of your vehicle. The company will provide a mask and sanitizer if you are having difficulty sourcing one.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands thoroughly and frequently throughout the day, and prior to and after performing deliveries.
- Social distancing be maintained when picking up or dropping off packages.
- At this time drivers are NOT required to collect a signature on delivery. This is to ensure social distancing is maintained at all times on delivery and pickup.
- Customers have the option to communicate how they would like their orders delivered. They may include a note like “contactless delivery”, “Please leave my package at the door”, or “ring my doorbell and leave in the lobby.” Drivers will conform with these requests.
For everyone’s safety, we are advising our couriers to please NOT show up for work and contact BC Healthlink at 811 and follow their procedures for monitoring, testing, and when they can return to work if:
- In the last 10 days they have had flu like symptoms (fever, body aches, severe weakness, cough, sore throat, loss of taste or sense of smell or vomiting/diarrhea)
- If they have traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
- If they have been asked/advised to quarantine by a medical professional
- If they have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed/quarantined or has traveled
Daily Health Check for COVID Compliance
Each day our couriers perform a mandatory Daily Health Check. By performing this action, our couriers confirm their daily compliance with the above guidelines, and that they are not experiencing any symptoms.
Thank you for your business and collaboration as we work to ensure a safe customer experience in these unprecedented times. We always welcome your feedback as we work through this pandemic. We are all in this together.